Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold is something that most people fear. When living in the south, mold is a part of everyday life. Mold and mildew can show up anywhere given the right conditions, including your automobile. Anywhere moisture can exist, with the right amount of warmth so will mold and mildew. Water damage is something that every homeowner tries to avoid. As many people know, water damage can be worse than fire or wind damage. Its what can happen afterwards that can be so dangerous. Mold can be a nasty problem to have in your home. Understanding mold can help demonstrate how it gets a foothold in your home. Let us educate you by calling the professionals at SERVPRO of Katy/Cypress.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (281) 469-2957
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Katy / Cypress and SERVPRO of Champions / 1960 for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Katy / Cypress and SERVPRO of Champions / 1960 has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Rose Hill