Professional Mold Remediation Services in the Houston Area
Where Can You Find Mold in Houston?
Do you smell a musty odor? Many types of mold are hidden or invisible to the naked eye. Mold prospers in humid environments but you can find it anywhere. Making your home entirely mold-free is impossible, but our goal is to keep the high concentrations of mold, such as black mold, at safe levels which is the level that matches levels outside. You can find mold in Virginia City Nevada houses in certain common areas such as Basement, kitchens, and bathrooms. Mold is especially common in crawl spaces and attics due to the lack of ventilation increasing moisture levels.
Mold can spread in your Katy or Cypress home or business from excess humidity or even a small water leak. In only 48 hours you could find the mold has spread quickly. Don’t risk the allergens and other health effects mold causes for the property’s inhabitants. SERVPRO partners with environmental hygienists that test for elevated mold levels with specialized equipment. It is important for us to have an independent third-party test for mold so there is no conflict of interest in testing. Then if mold is found, our trained professionals come in for remediation. When our job is done, the environmental hygienist comes back to re-test the mold levels and SERVPRO GUARANTEES a pass of the clearance test.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by reviewing these mold damage tips.
Mold and mold remediation can be confusing topics. Some businesses claim to remove ALL mold from a facility but this isn’t possible. Microscopic spores float in the air and can enter a property through HVAC systems, windows, doors, or enter on your clothing or from a pet. Mold spores occur naturally both indoors and outdoors. Keep these things in mind:
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor.
- Indoor humidity that’s even slightly higher than normal can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. They could quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens, irritants, and toxins.
- Any sources of water or moisture must be addressed before mold remediation can begin. If not, the mold may return.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same:
Step 1: Emergency Contact – (281) 469-2957
Our representative will ask a series of questions to help us determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel.
Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
Our environmental hygienist will use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Step 3: Mold Containment
We use specialized equipment such as zip walls to keep the mold spores from spreading further through your Houston area home or business.
Step 4: Air Filtration
We use air scrubbers and HEPA filters to vent mold spores to the outside which is a faster and more efficient method than internal scrubbing only. We clear the air and prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
We use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. Physically removing the mold is the key to success.
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Sanitizing
Mold infestations cause a persistent musty odor. Our professionals are trained to remove odors and provide deodorization using fogging equipment. Though most carpets and fabrics cannot be restored, hard surfaces can be cleaned and sanitized.
Step 7: Restoration
The restoration step could involve minor or major repairs and gets your home or business back to normal. Our SERVPRO is qualified to handle any repairs needed following mold remediation.
SERVPRO knows Mold
Here at SERVPRO of Katy/Cypress/Champions/1960, we understand what it takes to properly remediate a mold situation in Houston, Texas. Encountering mold can be risky for any home or business owner, but SERVPRO is here to put your mind at ease. We have the proper tools and trained professionals to get the job done right. We are a leader in the industry for mold remediation.
Give us a call at (281) 469-2957 and we will be on our way to help.
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
SERVPRO of Katy/Cypress/Champions/1960 is locally owned and operated. Our company has been serving local communities for decades. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We work with your Insurance
If you are unsure if you will be filing a claim to cover damages, contact us. We can work with any insurance company to make sure your insurance is utilized to the fullest while directly billing them for you. You may not be aware of what rights you have based on your policy. We know how to work with homeowner’s insurance, giving you peace of mind.
Highly Trained Water and Mold Restoration Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advanced training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property. Our team holds a list of certifications such as:
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- CDS - Commercial Drying Specialist
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- FSRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- IICRC Certified Firm
- OSHA - 10-hour General and/or Construction Industry Training Program
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
SERVPRO of Katy/Cypress/Champions/1960 is committed to helping you overcome mold infestation quickly.
- 24-Hour Emergency Water Extraction & Cleanup Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained, IICRC Certified Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Get an Estimate for Your Job
- We Bill & Communicate Directly with Your Insurance
- Fully Equipped to Handle Any Size Loss
When we handle your mold remediation job, we do it the right way:
- Complete structural drying and dehumidification
- Sanitizing and deodorization
- Monitoring of Damaged Property
- Crawlspace mold removal
- Crawlspace vapor barrier replacement
- Complete repairs after crawlspace clean
- Clearance Test Pass Guaranteed
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (281) 469-2957
SERVPRO also helps with reconstruction needs, for damaged properties or those just needing a little TLC.